James Sirius Potter is the first son of Harry and Ginevra Potter. His siblings are Albus and Lily Potter. He attended Hogwarts from 2015 until 2022. He is the main protagonist of the James Potter Series. James was sorted into Gryffindor, like his parents.
James Sirius was born in October 2003. As he grew older, James was told by his mother, Ginny, that he would soon become a wizard and attend the prestigious school known as Hogwarts. When he turned eleven, James received his letter of acceptance to Hogwarts school, and he was taken, along with his brother and sister, to Diagon Alley, where he got his school supplies and traveled through the magical brick wall to the Hogwarts Express. Worried, James anxiously boarded the train. With many problems swimming in his mind, James came across two boys, named Ralph Deedle and Zane Walker, two Muggle-Born boys. The three became good friends, and awaited their arrival to Hogwarts.
Education at Hogwarts Edit
First Year Edit
On the 1st of September James traveled with his family to Platform 9 3/4 where he prepared to board the Hogwarts Express. James tried to give the impression that he was not at all nervous about starting at Hogwarts; most notably with the bravado he showed to his younger brother Albus.
On the train James moved in between the carriages, pretending to be looking for someone so, that he hoped, people would not believe him lonely. Victoire had invited James to sit with her and her friends, however James did not feel as comfortable as her then he did with some of his other family members.
- Rose was James' cousin and she grew up with James and they shared a close relationship. When James first boarded the Hogwarts Express he sorely wished that she was a year older so that he could sit with her. He felt more comfortable with her then he did with Victoire.
- Victoire and James must have spent a considerable amount of time together when they were younger, when she was about to begin her sixth year she invited James to sit with her. James however declined as he did not want to sit and listen to her and her friends talking about Pixie Powder Blushes and Hair care charms.
- Lucy Weasley was James' adopted cousin, and she grew up with James, sharing a close relationship with him. She traveled with him to the United States and attended Alma Aleron Wizarding School and University. He was devastated when she was killed in the World Between Worlds by the Lady of the Lake, which left a lasting impact. He later saw her in the Mirror of Erised.
- Petra Morganstern and James always held a special and unusual relationship. He fell in love with her and partly wished to have a romantic relationship, despite the vast difference in their ages. It was first revealed in the Vault of Destinies that there was something, when it was revealed that he and her held a magical bond. It was revealed in the Morrigan Web that he and her share a destiny, although Petra wishes that James would stay away in fear of him suffering anymore.
- James is a Hebrew name from the name Jacob, meaning "Heel" as in Genesis narrative, Jacob was born grasping Esau's heel and later brought his birthright. This was the name of James's grandfather and the middle name of his father.
- Sirius is the meaning of "Star" as it is the brightest star seen from Earth, it is also the Dog Star from Ancient Greek Mythology as he was Orion's dog. This is the name of James's father's godfather.
- Potter is a very common surname of English origin. It traditionally refers to the occupation of making pottery. Beatrix Potter was a well-known English children's author. Potter's Field is the name for a burial ground for the unknown or unclaimed dead, particularly soldiers and orphans; the Potter family had many members that fit that description. The Potter Box is a model for making ethical decisions developed at Harvard University.